Musixmatch is the leading songs lyrics destination for mobile and connected device featuring the world’s largest and official lyrics catalogue. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
For our Content, Copyright and Analytics team we're currently looking for a Software Developer.
The team builds and ships huge metadata indices to live production services, processing millions of pieces of information each day, develops and maintains automatic processes for data enrichment and enhancements as well as administrative and analytics tools.
As part of the team you will have a chance to work on the entire pipeline. The goal is to improve scalability as well as speed and reliability.
The team is located in Bologna, Italy.
- Design, develop and maintain services for the content and analytics system, with focus on efficiency, scalability and stability
- Code using primarily Perl/PHP/Python
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Integrate with content suppliers
- Tackle complex data-related problems leveraging some of the most diverse datasets available at Musixmatch – user behaviors, content usage and music and lyrics metadata, to name a few.
- Develop data visualizations to communicate the gained insights and help the management and the product team to steer Musixmatch business in the right direction.
- With the analytics team, design and develop the infrastructure needed to perform all the above tasks.
- You are fluent in more than one programming language (preferably Perl, PHP or Python)
- You have experience with *nix system
- You have extensive experience with relational databases and/or key-value stores
- You are comfortable with processing and analysing large data sets
GOOD TO HAVE:
Apply for this position
- Previous experience with large scale analytics
- Experience with distributed/scalable systems and high-volume applications
- Experience with music metadata
- Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce
- Degree in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline.